Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Regarding the blog post by Deadmau5

| More

This post is a commentary regarding this post: We All Hit Play - http://deadmau5.tumblr.com/post/25690507284/we-all-hit-play
I also commented on the Dj Joyride facebook page.(http://facebook.com/djjoyride.us)

It made me feel like it is best to struggle, innovate, adjust, try new things than be at the top of the industry. Sure, fame and money come, but Mau5 is earning a living and sacrificing his pleasure on stage for money. However, I bet he does have fun in the studio.

On the other side of the coin, Deadmau5 is also saying that the reason anyone does shows is for the fans, and that is somewhat true. But I think back to the roots of hip hop. The DJ, the BBoy, and the MC. All three have a great time because the others are there. That is what I want to build and be a part of. I want to Dj for promoters that enjoy promoting alongside dj's and MCs that are also having a blast. I want to work with nerdy lighting / sound guys that are loving and innovating and improving. I want to see fans and meet the greatest new friends I can ask for. If my events need to be small because it takes me some time to network and find the right people, so be it. It is worth the time and investment. EDM is a great experiment and it is how I have met my closest friends as well as hundreds of other excellent people, including you. :)

No comments: